An Experienced Truck Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
Due to their size, out of almost all truck accident cases involving a semi truck; 86 percent of fatalities and 77 percent of those injured are the drivers and passengers of the smaller vehicles involved in the crash. Since 1992, truck accidents have increased by 10 percent. Although that number may seem small, the likelihood of you knowing someone that has been involved in a commercial truck accident is great. Even with the number of accidents involving commercial trucks increasing, not much is being done to improve driving safety regulations for everyone involved. Given the large size of the trucks, the lengthy hours that drivers are on the road and the failure of some drivers to abide by speed limits and/or existing safety regulations in order to meet unrealistic deadlines; it is no wonder why we see an increase in truck accident statistics.
Given the much smaller size of cars and even SUVs compared to big 18-wheelers, the likelihood of severe injury or death is that much greater when an accident does occur. In the aftermath of an any accident, victims can be left confused, scared and even traumatized in most of these cases. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident involving a semi, 18-wheeler or any other commercial vehicle, you have rights and help is immediately available to you to help you deal with the situation at hand. You need an acclaimed truck accident lawyer to represent your interests following the accident. Joe Dawson and his aggressive legal team have what it takes to get you the results you deserve.
Majority of accidents are caused by human error, intoxication, or mechanical failure due to neglect. Regardless of the reason behind the incident, you can rest assured that with The Dawson Legal Team, you and your loved ones will find justice for your injuries, losses and property damage. Our experienced attorneys will fight for your rights and work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Our trucking attorneys handle many types of truck accident cases including:
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Car & Truck Crashes
- Motorcycle & Truck Crashes
- Accidents caused by objects falling from the truck bed causing damage
- 18-Wheeler Rollover Accidents
- Crashes involving tractor trailers
- Fatalities caused by Trucks
Get A Free Consultation
Submit for an Immediate Free Consultation with one of our Attorneys.
NO FEE UNLESS WE WIN YOUR CASE!
Truck Accident Facts
- 1:8 automotive accident fatalities involve large trucks such as semi trucks, tractor trailers, and other commercial vehicles
- 4% of all injuries sustained in motor vehicle crashes are caused by large trucks
- Every year, there are over 500,000 truck accidents in the U.S
- Over 4,300 trucks were involved in fatal accidents in 2015, an 8% increase from 2014
- Most fatal accidents involving trucks result in passenger car deaths, not trucker deaths
- Trucking is one of the most important industries in the U.S., transporting over 70% of all shipped goods
- There are more than 3.5 million truckers in the United States
- $9.5 billion is spent on trucker and civilian safety annually
Common Causes of Truck Crashes
Due to the massive size and weight of many commercial trucks, accidents and collisions can be deadly, with fatal crashes increasing in frequency every year. Accidents involving trucks are more likely to result in fatalities than car accidents, so it’s important to be extra cautious as a trucker knowing the risks associated when you make an error.
Some common safety issues that truckers should be aware of include:
- Driver health
- Driver fatigue and drowsiness
- Weather conditions
- Obstacles and debris on the road
- Long driving hours
- Truck mechanics
- Driver distractions
How Do You Choose The Right Truck Accident Lawyer?
When choosing the right attorney, you need to make sure you are asking the right questions such as:
- What is Your Comfort Level with this Attorney?
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information?
- Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- What are these Attorney’s Credentials?
- How long has the lawyer been in practice?
- Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- Does Your Attorney Make Sure You Understand The Cost Structure?
- How are the Fees Structured – Hourly or Flat Fee?
Common Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the number of truck accidents has been increasing significantly since 2009. While the overall percentage of fatal crashes has not increased at the same pace, they are still much higher than they were a decade ago even with modern safety regulations in place. Even in non-fatal crashes, injuries can be severe when a commercial truck is involved. Approximately 116,000 people were hurt in a truck accident involving a commercial vehicle in 2015.
Most Common Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents:
- Head trauma, including concussion, cranial swelling, or brain damage
- Nervous system damage, including spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Bone fractures and joint dislocations
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Lacerations, abrasions, and punctures
Some of these injuries may not manifest immediately – in fact, certain injuries may take months or years before being diagnosed. Even when injuries do not lead to immediate death or disability, they can still cause lifelong health problems and shorten an otherwise healthy individual’s life expectancy. The costs of both immediate and long-term care can skyrocket, especially if the injured person is unable to work as a result of the accident. This is why it is so important to find the right attorney shortly after the truck accident takes place in order to help navigate the unknown and get the results you need to get back to a normal life.
Very Happy With The Outcome
"I'm very happy with the outcome of my case. I would recommend Joseph R.Dawson to my family and friends."
Won a Great Recovery on My Behalf
"Joe handled a personal injury matter for me. He won a great recovery on my behalf! I always knew where I was at throughout the entire process since his communication with me was very frequent. The entire process occurred in a very timely manner. I would highly recommend Joe to anyone who is looking a for a quality and experienced personal injury attorney!"
Knowledge of Case Law Was Impressive
"Joseph Dawson is one of the most detail oriented, prepared attorneys I've ever had the privilege to try a case against. His knowledge of case law was impressive and I learned a lot from having him as opposing counsel. I would definitely recommend him to anyone looking for a quality personal injury attorney."
He Won Full Recovery on My Behalf
"I hired Joseph Dawson on a recommendation from a friend to handle my personal injury matter. Not only did he win full recovery on my behalf, but he guided me step by step throughout the entire process. I always knew what was happening since his communication was very frequent. The case did not drag on for years rather it was very quick!! His compensation fees were fair. I would highly recommend Joseph Dawson."
I Would Use Dawson Again in a Heartbeat
"Mr. Dawson came highly recommended and did not disappoint! Promptly returned phone calls, explained things to me at every juncture, and got the results he predicted. I would use him again in a heartbeat - excellent attorney!"