We Are An Experienced Truck Accident Attorney in Fort Lauderdale
The Dawson Law Firm is here to help. We work tirelessly to represent you for your truck accident claim. We don’t collect any money unless you win your case.
Get A Free Case Review Over Video Chat or Phone
Fill out the form below to request more info or if you would like us to reach out to you regarding your tractor trailer accident case.
Claim Your Free Case Review
Let Our Team of Premiere Accident Litigators Handle Your Truck Injury Case
Due to their size, out of almost all truck accident cases involving a semi-truck; 86 percent of fatalities and 77 percent of those injured are the drivers and passengers of the smaller vehicles involved in the crash. Since 1992, truck accidents have increased by 10 percent. Although that number may seem small, the likelihood of you knowing someone that has been involved in a commercial truck accident is great. Even with the number of accidents involving commercial trucks increasing, not much is being done to improve driving safety regulations for everyone involved. Given the large size of the trucks, the lengthy hours that drivers are on the road and the failure of some drivers to abide by speed limits and/or existing safety regulations in order to meet unrealistic deadlines; it is no wonder why we see an increase in truck accident statistics.
Given the much smaller size of cars and even SUVs compared to big 18-wheelers, the likelihood of severe injury or death is that much greater when an accident does occur. In the aftermath of an any accident, victims can be left confused, scared and even traumatized in most of these cases. If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident involving a semi, 18-wheeler or any other commercial vehicle, you have rights and help is immediately available to you to help you deal with the situation at hand.
You need an acclaimed truck accident lawyer to represent your interests following the accident. The Dawson Law Firm has what it takes to get you the results you deserve.
Majority of accidents are caused by human error, intoxication, or mechanical failure due to neglect. Regardless of the reason behind the incident, you can rest assured that with The Dawson Law Firm, you and your loved ones will find justice for your injuries, losses and property damage. Our experienced attorneys will fight for your rights and work diligently to get you the compensation you deserve for your pain and suffering.
Our trucking attorneys handle many types of truck accident cases including:
- Commercial Truck Accidents
- Car & Truck Crashes
- Motorcycle & Truck Crashes
- Accidents caused by objects falling from the truck bed causing damage
- 18-Wheeler Rollover Accidents
- Crashes involving tractor-trailers
- Fatalities caused by Trucks
Years of Experience
Tractor Trailer Cases Handled
Let Us Put Our Experience & Reputation to Work For You
The Dawson Law Firm tries to go above & beyond for those interested in simply getting the facts straight about their potential case. This is why we’ve put together some of the most common frequently asked questions we come across.
Truck Accident Facts
- 1:8 automotive accident fatalities involve large trucks such as semi-trucks, tractor-trailers, and other commercial vehicles.
- 4% of all injuries sustained in motor vehicle crashes are caused by large trucks
- Every year, there are over 500,000 truck accidents in the U.S.
- Over 4,300 trucks were involved in fatal accidents in 2015, an 8% increase from 2014.
- Most fatal accidents involving trucks result in passenger car deaths, not trucker deaths.
- Trucking is one of the most important industries in the U.S., transporting over 70% of all shipped goods.
- There are more than 3.5 million truckers in the United States.
- $9.5 billion is spent on trucker and civilian safety annually.
Common Causes of Truck Crashes
Due to the massive size and weight of many commercial trucks, accidents and collisions can be deadly, with fatal crashes increasing in frequency every year. Accidents involving trucks are more likely to result in fatalities than car accidents, so it’s important to be extra cautious as a trucker knowing the risks associated when you make an error. Some common safety issues that truckers should be aware of include:
- Driver health
- Driver fatigue and drowsiness
- Weather conditions
- Obstacles and debris on the road
- Long driving hours
- Truck mechanics
- Driver distractions
How Do You Choose The Right Truck Accident Lawyer?
When choosing the right attorney, you need to make sure you are asking the right questions such as:
- What is Your Comfort Level with this Attorney?
- Are you comfortable telling the lawyer personal information?
- Does the lawyer seem interested in solving your problem?
- What are these Attorney’s Credentials
- How long has the lawyer been in practice
- Has the lawyer worked on other cases similar to yours?
- Does Your Attorney Make Sure You Understand The Cost Structure?
- How are the Fees Structured – Hourly or Flat Fee?
According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, the number of truck accidents has been increasing significantly since 2009. While the overall percentage of fatal crashes has not increased at the same pace, they are still much higher than they were a decade ago even with modern safety regulations in place. Even in non-fatal crashes, injuries can be severe when a commercial truck is involved. Approximately 116,000 people were hurt in a truck accident involving a commercial vehicle in 2015.
Most Common Injuries Caused by Truck Accidents:
- Head trauma, including concussion, cranial swelling, or brain damage
- Nervous system damage, including spinal cord injuries or paralysis
- Bone fractures and joint dislocations
- Internal bleeding or organ damage
- Lacerations, abrasions, and punctures
Some of these injuries may not manifest immediately – in fact, certain injuries may take months or years before being diagnosed. Even when injuries do not lead to immediate death or disability, they can still cause lifelong health problems and shorten an otherwise healthy individual’s life expectancy. The costs of both immediate and long-term care can skyrocket, especially if the injured person is unable to work as a result of the accident. This is why it is so important to find the right attorney shortly after the truck accident takes place in order to help navigate the unknown and get the results you need to get back to a normal life.
Please keep in mind that if you can't come to us, we can come to you. We also have video conferencing available as well as electronic signatures. We are here to help the injured throughout South Florida. Call us today to schedule your free case review.
110 Tower, 110 SE 6th St #1900
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33301
Available by Phone 7 Days a Week/365 Days a Year
Open Office Hours
M-F: 8am - 5pm